The Account Manager is an implementation manager, project manager, strategic partner, excellent communicator, and program advocate. The project manager is responsible for executing and overseeing resources related to client projects and relationships. This position handles the day-to-day communications with OEMs and works closely with internal and external resources to ensure the success of strategic initiatives across assigned client projects. A successful DAE is responsible for orchestrating and measuring the success of ongoing and new OEM programs that span the organization.
Account Managers are asked to wear several hats when interacting with team members and clients. This individual is a constant learner and believes in personal and professional development. They are an A-Player, the best of the best, a team player and have executive presence. They are key in growing the client relationship by participating in client meetings, presentations, proposal development, and when necessary, traveling to sales and dealer meetings. A successful DAE will thrive in a fun, fast-paced, work hard/play hard environment with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Career growth opportunities include progressively senior positions in client account management, project management office and other company opportunities for growth given your career goals.
- Be the client’s fanatical representative within Rollick!
- Own projects from inception through delivery; take responsibility and accountability for the health of the programs you manage.
- Create and manage project plans; work with internal sales, client success, product/technology teams, and external service providers to ensure client’s project are managed well, dependencies are identified, issues are resolved, and risks are mitigated.
- Manage a list of ad-hoc tasks that need to be executed, some to be executed by you and some by other Rollick resources.
- Interface with assigned clients weekly and daily to ensure solid lines of communication, quick and meaningful issue resolution, and client relationship value growth. As part of this, host weekly client status calls and drive action items to completion.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, client strategy sessions and create/lead client presentations including reporting KPIs of assigned projects, new ideas and proposals and solutions to client problems.
- Drive program performance with an analytical mindset; use analytics and various reporting tools to provide insight and guidance to the clients regarding performance.
- Confidently and eloquently hold clients accountable to deliverables, communicate timeline changes and cost implications as they apply to client-level budgets and individual project budgets.
- Work with client and internal resources to create business requirements and scope for assigned projects.
- Manage the client billing according to internal processes.
- Become proficient in the operation of Rollick’s recreation industry leading marketing automation platform, Aimbase – (1) execute client tasks such as email campaigns, data imports/exports, report generation (2) Provide basic assistance to clients on the usage of Aimbase (3) act as the liaison between client and the onboarding team during new client installs of Aimbase.
- Attend internal planning meetings, follow/help improve Agile and internal company processes.
Day in the Life
In this role, no two days will look the same. That said, below is an example of what a day could look like in this role.
- Customer Success team stand up (call attention to anything urgent you may need support on)
- Developer/Kanplan team stand up (ask questions to technical team members about requests you’ve entered on behalf of your clients)
- Review client installs for incoming/outgoing data feeds, review lead volumes and ensure everything is running as it should be.
- Sub team stand up (opportunity to take a deeper look at questions you have that the team/leadership can resolve)
Updating project plans/ongoing client logs and preparing meeting strategy and agendas for client meetings the next day.
- Responding to client emails about data, logic, functionality and/or business needs and opportunities.
- Facilitating Weekly/Bi-weekly client meetings.
- Recapping client meetings and updating project plans to reflect discussions and deliverables from the meeting. Producing game plans to provide optimal results.
- Creating any necessary tickets within Jira to have developers investigate questions or solutions, gathering cross functional resources to support initiatives.
- Schedule a campaign email to send for a client to their list of subscribers.
- Testing tickets to move them to completion and crafting communication back to the client.
- Preparing monthly program metrics, analyzing data and crafting strategic recommendations for an upcoming client meeting
- Thinking through ways to ensure client retention and any opportunities to discuss with the sales team
- 2+ years in a client facing role with a passion for client satisfaction.
- Strong verbal/written communication and organization/prioritization skills
- Experienced with technical platforms a plus, such as:
- Website Content Management (CMS) systems
- Email platforms
- Task/time management systems
- Data analytics platforms
- Marketing automation systems
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Team and detail oriented; self-motivated; works hands-on; technology enthusiast
- Passionate client advocate
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- PMI Certification a plus
- 2+ years formal project management experience a plus
- Some knowledge of agile development techniques a plus
- Emotional intelligence to stay calm throughout turbulent projects or client meetings required
- Ability to resolve issues equitably with clients and internal stakeholders
- Ability to join in and grow our work hard/play hard, fun environment a must!
- Obsessive organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Team building and coordination
- Ability to analyze data
- Strategic thinking
- Public speaking
- Presentation development
- Proficient written and verbal communicator
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Risk management
- Process and schedule management
- Project planning and management
- Proactive – does not wait to be told what to do; anticipates needs